SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1956_gw

Would like advice from realtors please

annie1956
14 years ago

Wondering whether the "weather" really makes a difference in the number of showings of a house. (I do know if it's priced right it will sell).

Situation: Listed my Mother's house 3 wks ago for sale. The house is a 44 yo 3br 2 ba cape in a suburban development. Her model was not constructed much so there were not many comps. We priced it $25k less than the previous one listed. (None have sold in the past years). The house is vacant (Mom died). We have put alot of work into cleaning, painting inside and out, new carpets and flooring entire house. It was always well maintained but but it has not been renovated. It is located in the preferred area of the town with back up to open. The bad thing about the town is that there are numerous pre-foreclosures, alot of houses on the market. Houses have been on the market for 90+ days if not longer. We have had 1 showing - no feedback.

On to my question - we've had snow the 3 weekends. (Not normal for NJ). So should I take this into consideration?

Realtor wants me to reduce now. (I said I would reduce $10k after 1 month). I would like to wait a couple more weeks of good weather.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Comments (8)