SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
selcier

Bringing Inspiration picture of dining room to reality

selcier
10 years ago

I have two (?) questions for everyone in regards to a whole house design. We are closing soon on a new house and I love to plan ahead. I would like to get a lot of the painting done before we have to move out of our apartment and into the new place before the contract is up.

Firstly, I have a plan for two out of three bedrooms and the living room. One bedroom will be a emerald-ish green. I have attached a picture below (the one with a bit of leopard). As for the dining room, I have come across a fantastic room that I really love. But it's green too- and a different shade. Is this too much green? Would it look strange to have different shades? Or is it better that they are different? The bedrooms are all on the second floor if that makes a difference...

Second, if I do go for this design style, how can I encorporate the chinoiserie? We will have rather heavily textured plaster walls, so beautiful hand painted wall paper is out of the question (and budget really.) would chinoiserie drapes work? I have tried looking for such a pattern and have found a few contenders; but nothing quite as lovely. And, I think that pattern pulls everything together so well. Most of the prints I found were too mint or too olive. I did most of my searching on Thibaut. As per some previous threads, you ladies/gents seem to be rather knowledgable of the fabric world. Any ideas for a pattern/color close to the one shown?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedroom inspiration

Comments (14)