SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Anxious to see how this might work~~

phoggie
12 years ago

As some of you know, my DH passed away three weeks ago...we had taken our house off of the market at the end of Nov. and planned to list it again about Feb....possibly with a different agent.

But this is what I did.....I wrote a letter to all of the agents that my house was still for sale, even if it is not on the MLS with an agent and that I would give anyone who has a qualified buyer a one-day contract and they would be entitled to all of the commission. Then I put a "For Sale" sign in my yard with "contact any agent"....and I have had 4 showings in Dec. and 2 in Jan. So far this seems to have worked, especially in the winter months. Their response was, "This way if we bring you a qualified buyer, I get all of the commission instead of splitting it with the listing agent."

I just HATE to pick an agent....This is a rather small city with 6 agencies and I have a personal friend in all of them and I don't want to hurt their feelings toward me for not picking them. So I'll give this a couple of months and see how this plan works. Keep your fingers crossed for me...without DH, I can not afford to live here...that is another story, but I need to sell and move "back home" like LITH was able to do. I have no ties here and I have family and many friends back home.

Comment (1)