SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

I got a great chuckle from my girlfriend today.....

trinitytx
15 years ago

My girlfriend and her DH left out this morning with their boat in tow to go fishing in Louisiana. In Shreveport, their boat trailer had a flat. Luckily, they had a spare.

Off they go.

Somewhere in between zilch and no where, they had another flat, this time on the other side of the trailer.

Oh my.

My friend stays behind with the boat and trailer while her DH takes the truck to go find a new tire.

So here she sits, on the side of a major interstate, sitting in a boat, with a trailer flattened on one side, reading her book waiting for DH to return.

Here comes the state patrol. Lights flashing. Here sits friend in boat, on interstate, reading her book without a worry in the world.

I am already rolling with laughter as she tells me this story, as the police are still there with her.

By now DH shows up, and his first comment out of the truck is, boy I can't leave you anywhere without you getting in trouble.

I am falling over laughing. So is she.

Seems, no one wanted to stop to help, but several calls were made to 911 to report a women reading a book in a boat by herself, on the interstate.

I told her she should have grabbed a rod and reel and thrown a line out onto the freeway. Now THAT would have been a good one!!

Ahhhh.....some people have all the fun.

Trin

Comments (18)