SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Cotton bedding suggestions needed for DD with eczema

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

I am looking for some new bedding my 13-year-old DD who suffers from chronic eczema. She gets very itchy and uncomfortable and sometimes scratches in her sleep and even bleeds. Nothing really seems to help 100% so we're going the holistic route with her as much as possible to minimizing potential triggers that aggravate her condition. I notice that she feels more confortable in all cotton fabrics and am thinking of changing out her bedding to a lighter cotton quilt or coverlet for summer, perhaps even something made with organic, undyed cotton. However, being a teen she likes bright colors (esp. orange as you can see) so perhaps I could do some undyed cotton sheets with a pretty cotton coverlet to pull back at night?

This has really taken a toll on her self-esteem and she gets frustrated/depressed when it seems like everything she likes irriates her skin.

I'd love any suggestions to make her bedding more comfortable, yet still attractive. Easy to wash in the sanitary cycle is a must as well.

TIA!

Here's a pic of her current setup:

{{gwi:1671703}}

Comments (28)