SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Need PS help plus votes for paint/rug for DD's room!

Valerie Noronha
14 years ago

I am sending out a request for photoshop help for my 8-year-old DD's room as well as any other suggestions. DD has her "idea" of her dream room though is open to suggestions. I think having some virtuals would really help us make the best decisions so that she or I don't feel disappointed in the end result.

Some background on her room is it's a small room, 10x10, not that much direct light as I would like and it starts looking busy really quick with all of her paraphanelia. DD likes the aqua/lime combination and picked out the bedding herself. Last few weeks I picked out some vintage furniture for her on CL which will all be painted--either the existing seafoam color (which has more green in it for a true aqua) or white. Majority here is not to paint, I tend to agree, DD prefers white which I think she'll get board of in a few years.

I'm still shopping around for an iron daybed w/ trundle (either white or nickel) hence the mockup of the bedding we'd use on her existing bed. We'd like to use the FLOR carpet squares as we think that'd be the most practical in terms of cleaning and moving the trundle in and out. They don't really have an aqua color in their line, but several in the seafoam/teal colorway.

Oak bookcase in back is going to go. Lamp could either be lime (in pic) or aqua (on order). Have another set of panels--white sheer with aqua dots, final choice will depend on wall color.

What is really throwing things off is the vibrant walls there now which I feel skews the true color of the seafoam furniture. I'd like to get some sample paint on the walls, but am looking for a general direction for the next step.

So here are the options we are considering and would like to see PS'ed.

Option 1: all furniture painted seafoam (existing color needs to be PS'ed onto the nightstand--also pulls changed to nickel) and walls painted a light aqua. I'm debating if I should take in one of the shelves to have it colormatched and then have them mix up some sample colors for me both 2-shades lighter and 2-shades darker(is that 25%?). Alternatively, we think the color BM Barely Teal could work.

Option 2: All furniture painted white and wall color either the Jamaican Aqua or Blue Seafoam. We like the Tropicana Cabana also.

Desk: Thinking of keeping the two-tone look with the desk top and chair either a dark aqua (or 2-shades up from existing color) or white.

I don't think this is the right shade for a dark aqua top--need some help here.

FLOR: There are four samples I ordered that I think could work. Not sure if go for more contrast or keep colors more muted so room feels bigger and brighter. I'll attach a link to their webiste in case anyone has other color suggestions to try.

Here is a link that might be useful: FLOR Carpet Squares

Comments (14)