SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randita_gw

Selling-need new shutters/roof/door color suggestions, please

randita
13 years ago

We are slowly getting our house ready to sell. The interior is freshly painted and other than a bit of new flooring, it's ready. We need to work on the outside.

We need new shutters (second floor shutters are very faded), a new roof and exterior doors painted.

Here are pictures of our house. The white siding is in good shape - we won't be changing that. I would appreciate suggestions on colors for the shutters, doors, and roof. Only the top part of the front door is visible because of the storm door, but I included a picture of the front door with the storm door open.

My ideas now are: 1) black shutters and charcoal gray roof-don't want a black roof-too hot, don't know what color for the door; 2) some shade of dark green for shutters and door; 3) keep similar colors but just all new-but I think the blue looks dated, though.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. The first floor brick has to be dealt with as far as door color goes. I love red doors, but don't know if that would work against the brick.

I also welcome ideas for staging the porch. The landscaping is really quite nice in the late spring and summer with lots of yellow and purple touches. Looks pretty barren now.

Thanks for you help.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)