SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maui9603

Wallpaper and vanity picked - lighting thoughts?

I haven't been on in awhile, we have been finishing the crown molding in the bathroom and office. To refresh your memory, here is the prior owner's before:

{{!gwi}}

after wallpaper

{{!gwi}}

I feel fairly confident on the wallpaper pick, thank you to those who helped :)

and decided to go with this vanity

{{!gwi}}

Now, I'm down to lighting. I really wanted sconces but just do not have the room as we have an angled wall to the left and it just throws everything off. I looked a hundreds of overhead lights and just couldn't find one that I liked. I convinced my husband to put in an overhead light instead. I found this fixture that i love. the picture is tough to see but it has a drum shade under the crystals and on the bottom. I wanted something sparkly and fun. I really like it but I'm horrible at deciding if things 'go' together. My friend at work mentioned that she felt the light was too contemporary for the vanity and the wallpaper. Thoughts? In addition, with the vanity and the light, what kind of faucet finish would you go with? The current door handles in the house are brass but need replaced, likely will be replaced with nickel hardward down the road.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)