SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerandfruit81

half bath side hustle- tile shortage? 2 wallpapers?

molman
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

This was meant to be an incidental renovation as we remove atrocious tile from half of our lower level but I'm kinda having fun with this powder room! Here's what we're starting with:

-working farm (not to be confused with "modern farmhouse" or "farmhouse" style), this LL bathroom gets used hard

-we like easy care/clean, natural materials, quality DIY projects, timeless and earthy but doesn't have to be bland.

-floor is getting torn out and replaced with 8x8 vanilla/beige honed travertine

-handmade solid walnut vanity

-light fixture, art and wallpaper stay for now, paint color ideally too

Some questions that have come up:

-We love this 8x8 honed travertine from Habitat Restore but have about one tile extra. We're considering an accent filler of some sort, or trying to match this exactly/almost exactly, with preference to match. I can hide a couple tiles under the toilet/in the corner or under the vanity if they aren't exact.

- Backsplash or no backsplash? Clearance is tight and we prefer not bumping the sink out into the room more, the new sink sits against the wall (it is unfinished on back). i could do a wipe-able wallpaper on the bottom if it's not too weird to have two, or stick on tiles. Neither are at all eco-friendly or strike me as very long lasting unfortunately. The blue is a blue-cream linen look wallpaper, decades old and in ok condition.

- The vanity will go to the right wall, so we need a thrifty countertop solution.

Bathroom now (if you click on it you see more of the photo):

What we've bought:

faucet is brushed gold

What we're considering:

i love this wallpaper! Is it too weird to have two wallpapers, above and below the trim? From what I can tell it's old-school paste wallpaper but wipeable. https://www.wayfair.com/decor-pillows/pdp/rifle-paper-co-wildwood-27-x-27-wallpaper-roll-w003387972.html?piid=1650354303 The paper above our trim is a blue and cream linen look.

adjustable height brass vanity legs

We also have squirreled away 4sf honey onyx 1" mosaic and some white subway tile.

Comments (6)