SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmlinca

Need comments on pool layout/construction

hmlinca
15 years ago

Hello all, IÂm looking for anyone that has pool construction experience to comment on this layout. I have a couple of raised circular planters (12-24" high) that will be tangent to the pool decking. Likewise the spa is of similar design (12" high). I planned to skirt the outside raised portion of the planter (above the pool deck), spa, and raised wall at the back of the pool with some type of stone or stacked stone. You see this quite often in many of the pools shown on this forum. My question and concern is am I getting myself in trouble by trying to run the pool deck coping tangent to the planter stonework, in that I mean the subcontractors would have to be spot-on to make sure that the deck coping overhang is tangent with the planter stone skirt. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if the stone pushed out beyond the coping a bit. I'm just a little hesitant that this can be built without running into transition issues between coping, stone, tile, etc. Has anyone run into a photo of what I'm trying to do or perhaps has first hand experience/advice? Attached is a screen shot of the layout, most of the radii are between 3Â-10Â

http://i39.tinypic.com/xc2khz.jpg

Comments (2)