SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scanmike_gw

Looking for a more sophisticated green for bedroom

scanmike
14 years ago

Hi all,

I am still reconsidering painting my bedroom a deeper, more sophisticated green. I have BM Fernwood green, which is nice, but sometimes I feel it can be too pastely. I want something more soothing without being dull and lifeless/drab. I am considering BM Olive Branch, BM Dry Sage, SW Svelte Sage. I guess I am leaning to the greyish greens. No brown greens since they go brown in the mostly western light. EK's Edgewood green did just that. Thought about Farrow and Ball Verte de Terre, but it's beautiful but more blueish green. My bedding would go better with the more olivey or grey toned greens. I also considered some beautiful blues like the Farrow and Ball blue greens, Paladian Blue, EK Oasis, etc. but I think I would tire of blue and it is a bit too cool for me sometimes(besides I wouldn't be able to use some of my quilts) . So I am still undecided and if anyone has pics, I would appreciate it. I have wild dark chery furniture, wood moldings and a pretty large room with good light. EK Ashen green also reads more blue, though I love the fs paints.

here's one photo with my old, but still used bedding. It's RH and unfortunately the outer edge faded out on the quilt part. You can see the pillow shams are the original sagey green color. Bummer, I should have complained more. But in person, you don't really notice it. I also have a beautiful summer toile quilt in colors similar to the Svelte Sage that I also use. The photo is making the green bedding look more brown than it really looks like in person.

here's my new spring bedding, which brought in more blue. The Fernwood green is more green and not yellowish as it shows here in the photo.

Comments (13)