SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayec28

Can Heywood Wakefield work in a green bedroom?

kayec28
12 years ago

I'm drawn to a green, black and white color scheme and I've decided to try it in a guest bedroom.

I've already picked out a medium-dark green paint color (Valspar's Garden of Paradise)and plan to have my guest bedroom painted by the end of November. I also have a white table to be used as a nightstand and another table I was going to paint black for the other nightstand. From the research I've done, a strong green works best when there's lots of white to offset it, so I plan to do white Roman shades and white bedding with touches of black. I also have an old vanity and bench which I plan to paint white.

There's room for one more piece of furniture in the bedroom, and I want a solid wood chest of drawers. However, when I google my chosen color scheme for inspiration, I rarely see any wood furniture pictured, just painted black or white pieces(it could be the limited camera angles I'm getting). Recently I've been given a chance to buy a Heywood Wakefield chest of drawers in the champagne finish. Maybe I just lack the imagination but I can't picture how this champagne finish is going to look very good with my chosen paint color. I can maybe see sage green working, but I don't want a sage bedroom. When I google H-W bedrooms to see what others have done, I see mainly turquoise, blue and white walls. There's no other place I can use this chest, so it's either this bedroom or nothing.

What do you all think? Can H-W in a champagne finish look good in a green bedroom with a black/white/green color scheme? If any of you own H-W pieces, I'd love to know what color scheme you went with to showcase them.

Here is a link that might be useful: an inspiration room

Comments (5)