SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

About ready for next project - length of drapes/curtains

janepa
15 years ago

Our kitchen/dining area redo is about finished, so on to the next project.

My DH loves blue, and even though he mentioned it for the dining area/kitchen redo he agreed the greens, and tans we chose went better with the new countertop and floor. I now want to surprise him him with a redo of our bedroom. I got beautiful solid blue fabric for drapes for the bedroom, but my question concerns the length of the drapes. Our windows are sliders approx. 57" wide and only 36" high. Our house is made of natural sandstone, and we will not be doing a remodel on the windows, but maybe a replacement. The current drapes I made floor length and it kind of balances out the width, but for some reason he mentioned if I ever changed the drapes he did not want floor length again. I read where drapes should be either floor length, come right under the lower molding, or to the sill. Because of the size of our windows, the last two choices I do not like. Would it look really awful to have the drapes 72" in length, which would be at least 36" below the lower molding? The floor length I made are 84". I did think of hanging the rod higher to also get some more length. How close to the ceiling is acceptable (if he agrees)?

I plan to make a bedspread to complement the drapes with some of the same fabric, and additional prints etc.

Thank you. Jane

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County