SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Next project - ideas please

homeagain
12 years ago

We have decided to spruce up our 5.5 year old home a room at a time. Between 1992 and 2005, DH was relocated by his company 6 times, so we've never lived anywhere more than a few years, so 5.5 years in one home has been somewhat boring and I'm ready for a change.

We started earlier this year and have completed the study, which I posted photos of a few weeks ago. The dining room, which is the first room we started, is almost complete. We are planning to add a coffered ceiling in there during some time off at the end of the month (which will complete that room) and I'll post before and after photos.

For those of you that remember, the dining room and study were painted SW Restrained Gold. The dining room is now BM Iron Mountain and the study is BM Chelsea Gray.

There are so many rooms I'd like to update that I've been trying to decide which to do next and my college bound son's room has won!

His room has looked the same, for the last 9 years, as nothing changed from one house to the next decor wise. All of the bedrooms were painted Duron Gobi Beige when the house was built in 2005 and only my daughter's has been repainted.

Here's a somewhat current photo of my 19 year old son's room who wants to study graphic design, so I'm thinking I'd incorporate some great graphic prints into the room...

This chest is on the wall opposite the bed but I don't have a photo showing it and his room's a mess right now.

I've linked an inspiration photo at the bottom of this post. Yes, it' another gray room but I love my two new rooms so much that I'm continuing the trend. This time I'm thinking gray and orange. My son's really messy so I'd never be able to pull off the white bedding so I'd thought I'd pull the orange in by putting it on the bed. I'd make drapery panels in a grey/cream graphic design similar to this.

This duvet from West Elm

Everything else in the inspiration room is too "girly" but I might be able to sneak in a turquoise throw pillow.

Anyone have ideas on the perfect paint color for the walls to bring this look together? I'm thinking a greige but not sure which one. I'm also stumped as to the ceiling color.

So the plan is to buy new bedding, make new drapes, paint the walls and ceiling, and get some new accessories and art work. I would also add new rugs and a new shower curtain to the adjacent bath.

Here's what I'm thinking for that room....

striped shower curtain.

Any and all ideas appreciated. Also if anyone knows the color of the inspiration room paint I would be thrilled!

Here's a collage of the room with the fabrics and paint.

Here is a link that might be useful: inspiration room

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH