SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliza_824

Dining room wall color to go w/this red & black rug????

eliza_824
15 years ago

I posted advice about this same rug recently, but I'm still needing more advice-- I'm just really struggling with what color (or even color family) to use on the walls to go with this rug. We are in the process of building a new home and I would like to put this rug in our dining room. We will have to buy all new furniture (waaa-waaaa... yes, I'm so heartbroken about that-ha!), and I'm thinking of maybe going with an antique black hutch. Our floor will be hardwood, probably with a golden tint. Other than that, I'll need lots of help! The entryway adjacent to the dining room will be a light gray-green-khaki neutral. The other room adjacent to the entryway (on the other side) will be probably a cool neutral, like a light blue-green (maybe SW "Comfort Gray"). So I want the blue-green room and the dining room to balance with the lighter gray-green-khaki neutral entryway. Hope that makes sense.

I really like the idea of doing a grayish-brown, but when I look at swatches none really look good! Someone mentioned a silvery color, but I just don't know. Help, please! Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

A closer-look at the rug.. pardon my daughter's feet. She's "helping" me vaccuum with her kiddie-vaccuum.

OR I could go with this rug for the dining room.. does anyone think this would look better in the dining room?

Comments (5)