SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tofu_flavored

can creative plumbing save drawers on my vanity?

tofu_flavored
13 years ago

Hi - I'm trying to convert an old dresser into a bathroom vanity. I've seen posts about doing this, including a thread about the p-trap. But my problem may be a little more extensive... The vanity is a basic dresser with 4 drawers; the drawers extend all the way to the back of the dresser. I would like to have a marble top put on it with an undermount sink, so I know I'll lose at least the top drawer, maybe even the second. But it's the p-trap and supply pipes/valves that bother me. They are about 16 inches above the ground, which will put them on the level of the 3rd drawer; and they take up about 13 inches in width (the vanity dresser is 37 inches wide). I'm wondering is there's any way to save more of the drawer space? The only thing I can think of doing is to cut a large notch in the back of the 3rd drawer to work around the plumbing apparatus. I'm not very familiar with plumbing stuff, so I don't know if there's a relatively easy way to convert anything so that it takes up less space. This is my plumbing now:

Here is a link that might be useful: photo of my p-trap and supply pipes

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths