SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Help! Need To Make Pizza Tomorrow!

John Liu
12 years ago

Help! Our New Years' Eve games and frivolity party has snucked up on me. It is tommorrow and I have made no food plans.

So we're sitting around in this funky red-light pizza bar on half-cool half-scary Mississippi Street. Two hoarse guys are screeching "Stand By My" over a swangy guitar. I think they are a band, but they might be just two hoarse guys. There is a woman in a turban sitting by me, talking about why she didn't kill her rich ex-husband instead of divorcing him. An Asian woman who looks like Cleopatra, carven regal, with the goofy white hipster, is dating way below her league. I think I know some of the people packed in here. It is someone's birthday. There's a woman with Pat Benatar meets Dennis The Menace hair. I've moved a thousand miles from the San Francisco Bay Area, but sometimes it doesn't feel like I've moved at all.

The turban-clad non-widow and I are discussing what I should make for the party. We've thought of - gosh, wonder why - making pizza. Little square pizzas, super crispy crust, thin enough to cut your lip. The weirdest pizzas we can think of. We want to make unagi pizza. We want to make squid pizza. We want to make sashimi pizza. Oh, okay, and some edible pizzas too. Washed down with oyster-sake shooters and mojitos.

So, help. Help. How do I make pizza? I have a stone, a peel, an oven that will go to 550 F, a Magic Mill, and I can intuit how to make things if given a sketch of a recipe. Can anyone draw me a sketch?

Comments (15)