SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amhers104

Really NEED help on last 2 rooms of house ..by tomorrow!

amhers104
4 years ago
We built a new house near the beach area about 1 1/2 years. All rooms are pretty much done other than a small sunroom and window treatments in the kitchen area. We did plantation shutters throughout the house other than in the kitchen area and the small sunroom. Although I really wanted the shutters in the sunroom, because of the size of the windows the cost would have been $2300. Ouch! The first two pictures are the open concept living room kitchen area. Looking for advice/suggestions on what to do with the slider and small window over sink. Right now privacy is not an issue but eventually there will be a golf course right behind us. Originally I thought I would do two panels to add some color to the pretty much all white kitchen, but cannot do that because they would block the AC vents, which are on both sides of the door. We do not want to spend money to have those moved. The people that installed the plantation shutters suggested vertical cellular shades because when opened it will not take up much space on the slider. Typically I don’t prefer that look but my hubby is adamant that I order window treatments so that the house will be completely done by summer. I am also thinking maybe of doing a stationary Roman shade over the small window but mounted higher so that it gives the appearance of a taller window and will add some color to that area.

Pictures 3 and 4 are of the small sunroom. The last picture shows where the sunroom is in relation to the kitchen/living room area. The chair in the corner, coffee table and other brown chair with green cushion are only temporary. They actually are for the outside deck but are just there until I finish up the room. So the pressure is on for me to finish this room. Weather is finally getting nice so it is almost time to put the outdoor furniture on the decks. I did order two new chairs, but only The swivel chair was delivered today. The other chair I ordered will be the same blue fabric, but in a smaller scale club chair style. I feel like I am at a standstill and so indecisive so I’m looking for advice on what to do with these windows!! The larger one is 113 inches long and the smaller one is 76 inches long. I am thinking of maybe doing white wood blinds which would give a similar look to the plantation shutters that are throughout the house – however they do not make them in the width of the window so I would have to do three separate ones on the large window with one headrail and then two on the smaller window with one headrail. Also need to do something with window on the French door! My other option for these windows is to do top down, bottom up white cellular shades. This would help with letting the sun in to the room but blocking the neighbors garage which we look at from two out of the three windows behind the couch. Again, not sure of how it will look and if these are even still in style. The view from the smaller window is all woods – which I love! To keep this small sunroom light and airy I am thinking a small round white wood accent table between the 2 chairs and a smaller scale, narrow white coffee table in front of the couch?? Sorry for the long post but I am looking for ANY and All suggestions/ideas suggestions on what to do with the window in the kitchen area as well as the sunroom/den and accent tables. This is a summer home and I am not down here very often right now. I am here for the weekend so I’m hoping to just order window treatments tomorrow, so when we are here for the summer we will have it all done! Thanks for any help that you can give.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES