SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vinzweig

Need Help choosing a Samsung or LG refrigerator by tomorrow 11/30/16!

Sherrie Zweig
7 years ago

I am comparing LG and Samsung refrigerator models and need advice of people who actually own these refrigerators because I am having difficulty choosing among refrigerators with similar features.

The new 4 Door French Door "Quad" Refrigerators -- Samsung RF28K9070SG or RF28K9380SG versus the very new LG LPXS30866D. I know that they are different in that the Samsung has the lower right quadrant "flexzone," and the LG just has organized freezer space. Although they both don't have handles -- they open very differently--vertically vs. horizontally -- which is ergonomically better? The biggest problem is that we cannot even view the LG model on the floor of any store in our area in RTP, North Carolina and it's hard to buy a $4,000 refrigerator without at least seeing it first. One reviewer on the LG website said the refrigerator was difficult to open on the upper left because of the weight of the water/ice maker in the door. Is this true?

Is there a big difference between the reliability/functioning of the ice maker and water/ice delivery systems?

Lastly is the "black stainless" different in Samsung or LG -- as far as actual material, durability, or fingerprint resistance? Is black stainless rather than regular stainless a good idea? It looks sharp and is supposed to be more fingerprint and smudge resistant and easier to clean... is this true?

Since size may be an issue, can you tell me if the actual height of the Samsung is 70.75 inches or 71 7/8 inches (different specifications listed in different places and I have a space that is only 71 inches high unless I remove cabinets or can one modify the refrigerator somehow?

The other models we are considering which are very close in features are the LG LMXS30776D with its CustomChill Drawer and Door-in-Door features versus the Samsung RF28JBEDBSG with its Flexzone Drawer and Food Showcase Door. What do you think of these models -- are they equivalent or is one somehow better than the other -- in terms of function or durability? Do you think the varying temperature drawer is just a gimmick or useful to keep wine, beer, and cheese? Is the extra door within a door useful as a way to quickly grab water, juice, or protein drinks without opening the whole refrigerator or a pain in the neck in that it is sometimes difficult to close fully?

ANY OTHER REFRIGERATOR RECOMMENDATIONS?

Anyway, thanks for your help -- I await your reply. Any other review sites you recommend before making this expensive decision?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH