SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

Gift Registries

donnar57
16 years ago

Tis the season coming up - weddings - showers and wedding gifts. Perhaps someone else here has encountered this "problem" or, like me, it may come up in the future. My step-nephew is getting married, and he and his bride-to-be have done the gift registry bit.

What does one do, if one purchases a gift using the registry for ideas, but does not purchase it at the place where this gift idea is registered? Our bride-to-be is registered at Linens 'n Things online, and Target on-line. But what if I buy something on her list from another store? How do I get that item off of her list so that someone else won't duplicate it?

Some things, like towels, you can't have too many. But one can have too many blenders, kitchen ware, bathroom scales, etc.

BTW, we live 1800 miles from the happy couple, and won't be attending the wedding since it is before I get out of school for the year. But we'd still like to send something - and I would rather see what I buy for the happy couple rather than relying on the buy-online-and-have-it-drop-shipped bit.

Thanks for any advice on this,

DonnaR/CA

Comments (8)