SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

Do you order online often?

Tina Marie
2 years ago

I do not like to shop. There, I said it. I absolutely love online shopping. I was looking up an item I had ordered previously on the big A, and here is what I have ordered just this month:

-TP

-2 new magazine subscriptions (a gift)

-1 magazine renewal for myself (Amazon has quite a few magazine subscriptions for $10/yr)

-tape for our label maker

-a cardigan

-a monthly planner

-rejuvenate soap scum cleaner (I love this cleaner! it works so well and is not easily found around here.)

-face masks

-retinal cream

-magnesium tablets

-my elderberry gummies

-a robe

-a bra (haha)

-baby gift from a friend's gift registry

(actually I get TP and also laundry detergent through the "subscribe and save" program)

So convenient! I also order fairly often from Belk, Macys, Etsy and a couple of clothing stores. My husband buys razors and razor blades online (I can't think of the name of the site). When we had our little dog, I ordered often from Chewey. We also use some online stores for supplies/materials for my husband's business.

Leaves time for antique stores . . . 😉

Comments (50)

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

Yes I do. I live in a mountain community and many times it’s just easier to head to Amazon Prime and other places online. Just in the past few weeks I’ve ordered:

-a large bag of Erythritol

- gluten-free orzo as our DD is back living with us temporarily.

- 3 different sets of throw pillow covers for our sofas (2 being returned tomorrow)

- a bed jacket

- jeans

- 3 pairs of really cute socks for DD

- a new alarm clock for the MBR

- a throw for our new sofa bed in the guest room

Tina Marie thanked LynnNM
  • 3katz4me
    2 years ago

Other than groceries and some household and personal care products I buy most everything online. Probably the majority from A but also from Target, Macy's and Home Depot and a few things from specialty suppliers. I think I'm buying an increasing number of things from places other than A these days. Sometimes A brings up a long list of products from a bunch of unknown vendors, presumably from China, and I'm just not buying that stuff. Or the prices seem out of line so I look elsewhere which confirms my suspicions about the price. The free shipping and returns are not free. If I buy from Target or Home Depot I can return locally and if I buy enough there isn't an additional shipping charge so it is less expensive.

Tina Marie thanked 3katz4me
  • Related Discussions

Do you have a favorite online site that you order from

Q

Comments (1)
    I can't directly help you with your question, but if you do enough work- what about getting set up w/ a local distributor as many also have an aftermarket supplier. A non dealer generally gets a lesser discount, but it works out in the end.
    ...See More

What did you order online this year and how is it doing?

Q

Comments (19)
    A bunch of Lens hybrid musks from europe. Sibelius was a most surprising little purple, Pleine de Grace, Matchball and Jaqueline Humery are healthy and delightful (had a white thing going on) My new rose hedge (well, post and wire between 2 allotment plots) has Nastarana (still very small and delicate), Goldfinch (think I may have to move this as it is going to be far too widely bushy), Leontine Gervaise and Ayreshire Splendens - very promising with trainable canes and an ability to grow almost horizontal - the most successful in the hedge, I think) Climbing Iceberg, and a rescued rugosa complete the hedge. I also have Aimee Vibert - slow, no flowers yet but healthy, paired with a softly cream hybrid helenae which is also quite small still (am expecting a lot more growth to meet Aimee over a long, high timber structure (currently doing duty as pea and bean pole supports). A couple of Austins, Crocus rose (being mugged by a large clump of cornflowers and thalictrum) and Summer Song - a great colour but terrible growth habit and not very healthy. The other duff rose is a Poulsen rennaissance rose, Lilliana/Claire Rennaissance - awful BS. Jasmina (Kordes), Perpetually Yours and Penny Lane(Harkness) and Nahema (Delgard, I think)are a healthy bunch, propping up various veggie posts and the like about the allotment - all work well, are healthy and good choices. Another early yellow, R.cantabridgiensis, a little spinossissima and R.pomifera duplex/Wolley Dods rose are perfect roses for my sandy soil and and open, windy plot - they are unblemished and beautiful with enough blossom to promise much more in coming years. Most disappointing is Hot Chocolate, which has languished next to Summer Song doing nothing - annoyingly, Liliana is also part of this vignette along with zinnias which are also rubbish (this weather!). The imagined glowing scenario of paprika and peach is gappy and splotchy - I avert my eyes. The most surprising is Crepuscule, a make up the numbers choice, bounding into flawless healthy beauty in a tricky but fertile spot (side of the compost bays). I expect the compost mountain will be prettily disguised next year. Most vigorous and fastest is, unsurprisingly Darlows Enigma - I think this rose is going to take to a UK climate with vim and vigour - a truly delicious rose, perfect for the rampageous allotment. Oh yeah, a couple of oddities, another hulthemia Alissar, Princess of Phoenicia (what a name!) and Pomponella - love them both. Finally, my failure rose - Pauls Scarlet Climber - done in by a vicious bindweed and an uncaring owner.
    ...See More

Do any of you order prescription eyeglass replacement lenses online?

Q

Comments (6)
    delilah66 - The way it works with Replace A Lens is you order the lenses online. Then they will tell you where to mail the frames and the prescription. If you dont have a prescription you can mail them a pair of old glasses with a current prescription. They fit the lenses to the frames and insert them. They then mail back your frames with the lenses already inserted. I like this process because the lenses are very cheap, they will allow you to use old frames, and you can buy readers or any other frames that you come across without spending a fortune. I really like Eyebob readers. A normal optical shop would never put prescription lenses into reader frames. They would say that the frames are not durable. My experience has been that they actually work great. My favorite glasses are the ones I just lost. I purchased them off Ebay for around $40 and the lenses cost me another $40. I used those frame for about 4 years before I lost them. I also had lenses put in $3 sunglasses I purchased on Amazon. I pick up frames all the time for this purpose and have never had a problem, except from the horrible company that I used in NY before I learned about Replace A Lens. I need single vision lenses. They start at $39.
    ...See More

Do you meal plan? I sort of do but often come up with a meal from what

Q

Comments (20)
    Not as much as I should. I have freezers full of venison, beef, chicken and pork, lots of eggs in the refrigerator and all my canned vegetables from the garden, as well as the onions/potatoes/butternut in storage. I seldom "need" to go to the grocery store, other than for specialty ingredients, paper products or dairy. I go through the storage area and sort out any squash or potatoes that may be getting soft or old, and make plans to use them during the week. Elery loves beans so those go into the crockpot a couple of times a week. I try to have at least one meatless meal during the week. Elery makes breakfast and it's always the same. One egg over easy and one slice of toast for me, whatever is in the refrigerator leftover, topped with two eggs and lots of sliced hot peppers for Elery. We don't eat lunch. Since all my meat is frozen, I do try to plan a couple of days ahead and thaw out whatever will be needed for the next few days. Holidays, now that's something else. That takes me a couple of weeks of planning, at least two shopping trips and several "adjustments" to the menu before I'm satisfied! Annie
    ...See More
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

I'll play...

Tina Marie thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • Bunny
    2 years ago

I buy online a lot, other than groceries and stuff I need right away and are easier in person, like six wood screws of a certain size.

Mostly I buy from AP. I hate paying for shipping but if it's reasonable and there's no other source, I will consider it.

Tina Marie thanked Bunny
  • Judi
    2 years ago

The only in person shopping I've done in the past 2 years is at the grocery or drugstore and a few trips to Costco. Everything else I've purchased online. Dh shops Home Depot & Lowe's in person.

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

I used to actually enjoy shopping. But that was in the Before Times. I’m afraid to look and add up how much I’ve ordered online in the last 2 years.

Ok, from the A store in Jan: groceries; dog coats; lots of art supplies; a couple of books; laundry detergent; and a little personal fan (on my nightstand for the 2 am hot flashes).

Tina Marie thanked Sueb20
  • sushipup2
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I would much prefer to shop and buy local, but recent years' experience has shown me that I can go to 4 stores, indie stores and chain/big box alike, and not find what I'm looking for. Shelf is empty, or they don't have the right size, or they don't have what I want, etc. I got sick and tired of driving around, so I buy even the simplest things online.

All except groceries.

Tina Marie thanked sushipup2
  • Lars
    2 years ago

I've always liked shopping in stores, but I do not like driving. Lately I've been doing almost all of my shopping on line, except for groceries and drug store items.

We did go to Home Depot to buy new light fixtures for our kitchen and installed the second one yesterday. I do not like to buy items like this on line, if I can avoid it, because I might have to return them. Also, I don't like having to wait for hardware items.

I do buy certain food items on-line - ones that I have trouble finding in stores, such as large containers of herbs, such as thyme and sage. I can find large containers of oregano and basil in stores, and so I buy those there.

I tend to buy dehydrated food products on-line, such as cream, buttermilk, cabbage, carrots, peas, etc, but if I can find them in stores, I prefer to buy them there. I like adding dehydrated vegetables to rice, when I make it, as it gives it more flavor.

I bought some mosquito pellets on-line for my fountains and bromeliads because I could not find the small pellets at Home Depot (only large blocks), and I need the small ones for the bromeliads. We did get the large blocks for the fountains. I do not think it is mosquito season right now, but I do not want to take a risk. We have no mosquitos in the desert (that I have seen), which makes me happy, as mosquitoes seem to love me.

Lately I've been buying light bulbs on-line - because it is easier for me to see what I am buying. I had to replace a fluorescent light bulb in my bathroom and a halogen light bulb in a table lamp in my bedroom last week, but it is rare for me to have to replace these - they both burned out at about the same time.

Lately I've been buying T-shirts, underwear, and pajama bottoms on-line, but I used to buy all of these in stores.

Tina Marie thanked Lars
  • eld6161
    2 years ago

As a petite, there is never enough in the stores, so I buy clothing online most of the time.

Lately I am buying steel cut oatmeal online for DH. It is cheaper and I like to have enough hand since he eats it every morning.

I prefer shopping in the store for fruits and vegetables and all food.

I shop at Costco for bulk items.

Tina Marie thanked eld6161
  • Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

With gasoline priced at around $4.50/gallon and the distance to most stores from my house, it makes sense for me to buy many things online. I agree with @sushipup2 that many stores like Home Depot have stopped stocking many of their SKUs. The item might be available online, but won't be available in the store. I do buy groceries in person, but that's because I shop at Trader Joe's and it takes me no longer than 10 minutes in-store. I arrange to stop at TJ's when I have other errands that require me to go out.

I also buy some items to be delivered to my mother who lives in another state. I switch between AP, Wal-mart and Target depending on who has the items in stock and whose prices are the cheapest.

My purchases from AP in January were a toaster oven, some earring adaptors, some masks and a wedding gift dropshipped to an out-of-state bride.

Tina Marie thanked Fun2BHere
  • Tina Marie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@LynnNM we are in a small area also and no stores other than grocery stores here. I do place my grocery order online through a local store and am fortunate to have 3 good shoppers there. I used to say I would never let anyone else pick my groceries, but these ladies are excellent! I do go to a shop for meat and we have friends that raise beef cattle, so purchase beef from them also. In season, I buy all produce at a local market.

I was shopping online long before covid, other than groceries. My favorite hair products (mentioned in another thread), I have trouble finding. I can buy them on Amazon, one item in a 2-pack, and in doing so either 1) save money 2) save time and gas not tryiing to find said product or 3) both.

@3katz4me Re Amazon.I do not buy from sellers in China, etc. I compare prices. For some of the Mr's business supplies, he is often blown away by how much less we pay for them. As for returns, it's as simple as receiving a QR code and taking the item to a local UPS store, which luckily is a few miles away. You don't even have to package the item. I have had excellent service through their customer service department.

Target! Yes, I forgot Target. I do buy a good bit from there too.

@Jilly I love Etsy! I even found a great person for custom bedskirt, shower curtain, pillow shams, etc.

• lakeaffect_gw
    2 years ago

In the past 6 months detergent (Nellie’s in the 5 gallon pail, so only purchase every couple of years), Clinique make up, Garnet Hill bedding and a few things from Esty. I don’t trade with billionaires, so no A for me, and I don’t buy staples like TP online. We have two local options for hardware stores within 10 miles, and a great, union-shop grocery store and an Aldi in the same town, and anything exotic in the grocery arena, we have a Wegman’s 25 miles away, they have it all. I have enough clothes to last me for the rest of my life, but if I want (not need) something, I hit TJ Maxx or the thrift stores.

Tina Marie thanked lakeaffect_gw
  • bpath
    2 years ago

Well, I don't need a lot. And ever since DH moved his office home about 5 or 6 years ago, I look at doing my little bit of household supply shopping in stores as a way to get some alone time, grab a coffee, and support local.

As for clothing, as a petite it is hard to find what fits in the store, but at least I can try it on and know right away. And, I like to feel fabrics before I buy. I did do a bit of online over Christmas. Some Amazon and some not, but I gotta say, returning something with Amazon is sure easy!

If I'm looking for something particular, especially tech or gaming related for the boys, I'll go online. It's just too much running around to try and find who carries that particular thing.

Tina Marie thanked bpath
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I buy a lot of things online.

TP, I buy in cases, 96 rills per case, I still have 9.5 cases. Double ordered by mistake. Lol

Makeups, shoes, boots, hats, scarves, gloves, lamps, garden books, even chandeliers, faucets……and many more. :-)

Tina Marie thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • gsciencechick
    2 years ago

I've done online grocery shopping since before the pandemic because I hate grocery shopping. We order once a week and it is pretty easy because 80% of what we buy is consistent from week to week. We try not to order from Am unless it's absolutely necessary, but I just pre-ordered Ghost's new CD that will be out in March because, unfortunately, our local independent record store closed right before Christmas. We always tried to support them, but it's just not enough. Too few people buy physical media such as CD's and even vinyl. We are dinosaurs that we don't use Spotify but we do use Apple Music some.

Tina Marie thanked gsciencechick
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

It’s interesting seeing everyone’s lists. I feel like I’m peeking in your windows. 😁

Tina Marie thanked Jilly
  • jojoco
    2 years ago

I just ordered sweaters from Orvis, two Dave Eggers books I heard about on NPR, baby shower items, masks, mask extenders, keens water shoes (trip to Hawaii in two weeks), a catch and release chipmunk trap (caught a mouse instead)...probably more that I am not remembering right now.

Tina Marie thanked jojoco
  • Oakley
    2 years ago

Who knew we were twins? :) I'm like you, I hate to shop. Plus, not being cose to shops and larger stores it's a plus to do it from home.

Amazon for January:

You can kind of tell I was under the weather all of January from some of my orders. :)

Tons of cat and dog food

Kitty Litter

StarKist Tuna Creations Deli style packets

Two Valentine cards for the grands

Box of snacks

Case of Kleenex (2nd case in two months)

Case of Campbells Double Noodle soup

3 books

AAA batteries

An awareness silicone bracelet, I haven't taken it off and I love it!

Note cubes

Two hygiene products

Handiwipes

Case of Bounty paper towels

Case of toilet paper

Robitussin DM

3 lip balms

PUR sugar free bubblegum

Tina Marie thanked Oakley
  • Oakley
    2 years ago

Lynn, I bought a bed jacket last month!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Okay, the past month:

Tina Marie thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Allison0704
    2 years ago

I started shopping online more when we moved to a rural area in 2006. I haven't looked back. Even in our last house. I have cut down my Subscribe & Save a lot to stop buying so much from the big A.

In the last week, I have ordered one magazine subscription (renewal), nasal spray for DD2, joint care for dog, HP ink, SOMA bralettes (thanks again to whoever mentioned here last year), more walking pants from Land's End, the cutets rattan crib from Poppie for youngest granddaughter's dolls. A slow week for me!

I also order fromm dry dog food from Holllywood Feed (was local until we moved, but it comes fast). Canned dog food and treats from Chewy. I also order heartworm prevention from our Vet online and they ship.

I often order from Etsy (but cutting back as I need nothing for the house), Target, Lowe's and Home Depot. FWIW, HD just added Military Discounts so I signed up for that. They also allow you to sign up spouses. But my first big box choice is Lowe's and they've had Military Discount forever.

I get DH his coffee from Black Rifle Coffe Company. I send e-cards from Blue Mountain. Does Hello Fresh count?!

I order almost all of my clothes online. All of my undergarments. Makeup. Skin care. Shampoo. Christmas presents. There isn't much I don't order online, but I do enjoy going to Target to stock up and fill my cart. DH does the grocery shopping, going early when store is almost empty.

For our last house, I ordered light fixtures online. The house we built before that I ordered all the toilets, sinks, faucets, light fixtures, copper cupola, backsplash tile, bathroom hardware, cabinet hardware and more that I'm forgetting. :D

Tina Marie thanked Allison0704
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

cont'd:

Tina Marie thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • texanjana
    2 years ago

Yes, more than ever. I used to enjoy shopping, but not so much anymore. I recently ordered some clothing for a trip, dog food, vitamins, skin care products, a book, and some foreign currency.

Tina Marie thanked texanjana
  • Tina Marie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Allison0704 i didnt think about house stuff. i have light fixtures in carts at 2 different places 😂

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I forgot about dog food, treats, cow ears, rawhides. They are much cheaper online.

Tina Marie thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • Judi
    2 years ago

While I buy seeds online, I do all of my plant shopping locally at independent nurseries.

• tuesday_2008
    2 years ago

Mtn, inquiring minds want to know.......whatcha gonna wallpaper?? Yep...peeping through your window as Jink said. Surely, you haven‘t failed to share a new decorating project with us😜.

Back to online shopping...

December- some Christmas shopping:.

Columbia: coat for DD (saved $40 buying direct vs department stores)

Dicks: Nike hoodie for little GD; camp chair for SIL

Macys: Coordinating Nike leggings to go with above hoodie (OOS at Dicks)

Lands End: PJs for DD and me and gown for DD

AM: Black scrubs for big GD for cosmetology school; real pedicure foot bath (not a toy she says) for 8 year old GD who thinks she is 16; 750 pc lego set for same GD, plus other junk.

Victoria Secret: Tee shirt bras and cute undies for big GD

Barnes and Noble: Books and another hard to find lego set for little GD. FYI, Barnes and Noble almost always has items I cant find in the usual discount stores.

Costco: Keuring for SIL’s new office

January: So burned out from Christmas shopping......almost nothing. I did order my Bumble and Bumble root spray from Target. That stuff is a life saver between coloring and I am getting scared it will be discontinued.....OOS at Ulta, Sephora, and Big A.

I refuse to discuss DH’s ebay shopping. But according to him, it is all important stuff.

Tina Marie thanked tuesday_2008
  • tuesday_2008
    2 years ago

Oops.. forgot about Old Navy....awesome half price purchases with additional 20% off and free shipping during the holidays for DD and myself. Love their joggers and they have the cutest vintage style sweat shirts.

Tina Marie thanked tuesday_2008
  • nicole___
    2 years ago

I LOVE shopping online! Stacking store coupons! I purchased 3 lamps. Sensitive stomach cat food from Petsmart. Sheepskin lined slipper socks for around the house from JC Penney.

Tina Marie thanked nicole___
  • Feathers11
    2 years ago

I avoid online purchasing. I have plenty of stores near me, and I don't need or want that much stuff. But I know that online shopping is a necessity for many (a few here explained in recent posts), and I do indulge on occasion. My last online order was from December for xmas gifts.

Tina Marie thanked Feathers11
  • yeonassky
    2 years ago

I do curbside pickup for groceries.

Other than that though I shop secondhand as much as possible.

I certainly shop way less frequently than before. Particularly since there are so many exposed noses once again as people think they are safe with their three vaccines. I don't think we are safe and I wear three masks.

Tina Marie thanked yeonassky
  • Oakley
    2 years ago

Allison, there's much better selection of light fixtures online than going to the store. Same for kitchen sinks!

• nini804
    2 years ago

Were the GGs for you or a child, @mtnrdredux_gw? Cute ones!

Dd has a similar pair…she likes the midrise.

I find myself using Amz to send things to my college kids. They don’t have time to go shopping. I also order things that i suspect might be a PITA to search for in person. Also…it’s great for things that seem discontinued. I am addicted to Revlon Lip Butters, and they literally are nowhere to be found in stores…but Amz has them! 😂

Tina Marie thanked nini804
  • Springroz
    2 years ago

But, but….I can’t make any friends at A….and those A van drivers can toss a package from the driveway to the porch….The Fed Ex lady spends her lunch break here talking horses and dogs with me!!!

Tina Marie thanked Springroz
  • Bunny
    2 years ago

Cat food and litter from Chewy. Reduces the amount of heavy lifting and lugging.

Tina Marie thanked Bunny
  • Kswl
    2 years ago

Those $5.99 lipsticks from Revlon are $13.99 from Amazon. 🙄 I only mention it bc ever since Jeff Bezos started acting out his childhood astronaut fantasy I have been checking the price of items available at Amazon vs other retailers.

We do buy a lot of household goods from or through Amazon and I am rethinking that.

Tina Marie thanked Kswl
  • pricklypearcactus
    2 years ago

Yep, I shop online far more than I shop in person anymore. Not just the Big A, but a lot of other online stores. I am more likely to find exactly what I'm looking for (clothing, supplements, sports equipment, whatever) than if I go looking at my local stores. Groceries I do a mix of in person and online. I really prefer to be able to pick out my own produce, but sometimes the convience of having groceries delivered when I'm incrediby busy at work is just too good to pass up.

Tina Marie thanked pricklypearcactus
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

Amazon has repeatedly been unable to follow my delivery instructions which is to park by the mailbox and walk up the driveway so I have complained/chatted often enough and usually gotten that item free. I hate having to do this though and it's infuriating that they can't follow simple instructions repeatedly.

Although yesterday they did it right after giving me a free item the day before.

Two chats ago I was told it would never ever happen again and that they were telling all the managers about this but then it did.

• l pinkmountain
    2 years ago

I had to take most of my retail online way before the pandemic, because of the limited in-person shopping opportunities locally and how generally unpleasant most of the existing spaces were. The pandemic has only exacerbated the trend. I was an early A enthusiast, not anymore. There is no quality control there, the river is getting very muddy and full of waste. Now I try to buy from retailers that I have developed a relationship with for quality. It's been a mixed bag though. The nearest actual bookstore with new books to me was Barnes and Noble, and I thought I would shop there instead of A, because I could easily return items when I was in the neighborhood. Not so much, their return policy was terrible, I did not realize they only gave your store credit for Paypal purchases, and that was my first foray into Paypal so I missed that detail. I thought I could preview the books at my home and then select the best ones and return the rest, much like browsing in an actual store. That's not how it works with home shopping, and clothing is the most horrid of all, all the trying on and then returning and then realizing that much of the returns end up tossed . . . Paypal hasn't proved very useful to me, but I did find a credit card sponsored by my bank that gives me similar security to Paypal. I liked the idea of the automation of not having to enter shipping and billing addresses over and over, but the downside on returns is definitely a trade off.

I used to get a lot of my clothes from LLBean, Lands End and Eddie Bauer. Again, the price is high and the quality has taken a dip. I still buy, but lately I am more interested in used stuff and being able to alter existing clothing to extend its life. A little unboxing and shipping trash goes a long way for me, not a big fan of all that waste . . . sigh.

We just installed a wonderful bathroom fixture I got online at Menards. I have one semi-locally and it is usually a place of efficient, helpful and pleasant interactions, at least with the staff. I order online and pick up at the store for free shipping. They also have in store pick up but I often don't mind perusing that store in person, I often find other things I need or like.

My online shopping is a mixed bag, the kind of stuff I want in my life is hard to track down so I often have to resort to online. Installing our rain barrel system has been a prime example . . . what a morass . . . and I also have to order seeds and plants online to get what I want, which has also been a big mixed bag experience. Sometimes fun and amazing, sometimes pathetic.

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@nini804 good point about finding discontinued items or items not sold in our area, etc. anymore. I have found a few items like that on Amazon also. I haven't noticed that they cost more, but if I can't find them anywhere else . . .

@Bumblebeez SC Zone 7 but it's not Amazon drivers making the mistake is it? Aren't your items being delivered by UPS/Fedex or USPS? I do have a problem with deliveries sometimes (from different vendors) because we have a PO Box. Sometimes it does not say if an item will be sent UPS or USPS and there are those methods where it starts out UPS/Fedex and then is handed over to USPS!

@l pinkmountain I have ordered plants from a few places in the last few years. I have had great luck and found some good sources. I love looking through the spring catalogs especially! I have only had a problem a couple of times, a plant that did not do well (was replaced) and a UPS driver tossed around a climbing rose plant. Dirt had come out of the box and the plant was broken in a couple of places. Again, it was replaced. I hope they charged UPS for it LOL!

We are actually getting an Amazon center here in my county. We were by there yesterday and lots of new traffic lights going up. I'm sure there will be those not happy with the facility going into a rural area (although there are not alot of houses in that particular area), but I also look at the fact that it will provide alot of jobs.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

Tina, Amazon drivers.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Nini, they were for DD1's birthday. I would never spend that for any type of shoe for myself ... the irony.

Bumble. Our UPS guy has our cell # and vice versa; he is a doll. I have very good experience w UPS generally.

Amazon, Fedex, USPS ... mixed. The other day they swore they left my box on my "porch." This is where it was ... nowhere near any structure, and the wrong gate. All of the delivery services have a note saying to use the gate by the mailbox, which is the one we use. We just happened to notice it driving by this gate, which is only a guest entrance. I didn't think I would seem sympathetic if I complained.

Tuesday,

I had a friend who used peel and stick wallpaper in a PR and it looks great. I had this idea I wanted to use it in my K. I thought, it will be really simple because i have so little wallspace,really just around the 2 windows. I was in another room when I had this brilliant idea. Later, I looked at the actual wallspace, and I think it would be a horrific PITA to paper. Alas.

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Bumblebeez SC Zone 7 interesting! we dont have amazon drivers here. maybe when we get the new center?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

We have Amazon delivery vehicles, and also private cars. (?!) So weird.

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@mtnrdredux_gw really? im just assuming you all have a center somewhere near??? i have seen large anazon trucks on the interstate. No private vehicles here either. Postal vehicles are used for sunday amazon deliveries.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

We had Amazon delivery vehicles and private cars at our last house around the holidays.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Oh goodness, I didn't realize how much til I looked. Not as much from A in January as usual but a lot of other stuff

returned the black ones.

Gotta love those free samples.

I designed these for my Christmas light team members. It’s a tradition and i’m excited to get them for everyone.

Just a portion of my seed order. I wont bore you with the rest.

I got a new sewing machine and cabinet before Christmas, so I had to get a new sewing basket too. So cute.

Because it was on sale and i needed to replace a pan this size.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

My A orders consisted of:

suet cakes

2 toner cartridges for our laser printer (highway robbery)

new battery for our portable MiFi

Dr Bronner’s castile soap

2 or 3 vitamin supplements

Covid rapid test kit (this was before the Gov decided to send out free ones, which we have yet to receive)

Tina Marie thanked OutsidePlaying
  • l pinkmountain
    2 years ago

There are some fantastic mail order plant nurseries and seed outfits. Being a person who orders frequently, I get a lot of catalogs and ads on my computer. Some reputable places have struggled recently due to globalization/mergers/consolidation, etc., they are running on fumes, and some others are not what they look like according to their catalogs. That said, there are still many great companies left to chose from . . .