SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homersmom

Master bath conundrum

10 years ago

Our home is now 15 years old and our master bath shower door is falling apart, piece by piece. We have decided to go ahead and replace the fiberglass insert with a tiled shower in addition to a new door. DH has agreed to new counter height vanity cabinets and would like a granite or solid surface countertop. Here is my concern - I am not a fan of travertine and am having a hard time finding tile that suits my taste. I still like the pattern of the current tile around the tub, but the coordinating floor tile was installed with huge grout lines and it's looking a little tired. Would it make more sense to start over with new flooring and deck tiles, or just clean up the grout, use white tile for the shower, and replace the cabinets and counters (he wants cherry cabs). Chances are we will be in this home for 7 - 12 more years, if that makes a difference in your opinion. I need to bounce this issue off of someone other than DH - thanks much!

Here is the current tub area. The shower and toilet are in a separate room to the left. Excuse the mess - just finished removing the wallpaper.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals