SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spiritual_gardner

Anxiety Dog

spiritual_gardner
16 years ago

My vet told me on Monday that my 17 month old dog is suffering from anxiety. How you might ask does she know this???

Well, for one thing she is licking obsessively (her left wrist has the fur licked off, she is working on the right one) plus the history of the dogs behavior.

Since getting Kai last April, I have discovered a whole new set of issues when it comes to dealing with a dog. Kai is a 90 pound Shepard/Hound, very nice, very timid, hates most men, loves most women, has had at least 3 severe urinary infections, has spaying incontinence and needs to be on Proin twice a day for the rest of her life, and now this.

Dealing with all of this has been a huge challenge for all involved. Training her took on new meaning due to her personality. I have been trying to take down her crate for at least 6 months, but every time I get close, something happens that prevents it. She loves her crate and spends lots of time in there when we are away, even though she doesnt have to. I know, it's her "secure" place.

Now she is on "Doxepin 120 mg." twice a day for at least 2-3 months for anxiety. Has anyone out there experienced this with their dog???? This is a completely new one on me, just like the other issues I've dealt with. I guess I'm used to regular stuff to correct. Kai is my 4th dog, and I have never experienced any of this before, nor I might add, has anyone I know.

Thanks!!!

SG

Comments (16)