SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresa6

need help with my dog, he wont pee outside of the yard!

theresa6
12 years ago

I have a 2 year old rescue dog that has been with us since he was 6 months old. He is a great dog, but very nervous/anxious and has seperation anxiety. Because of this, we decided to take him with us next month when we go on vacation because we will be gone for 10 days.

The good news is that he learned to go outside amazingly quick, he had maybe 4 accidents in the house in the first week we brough him home and none since. The bad news is he absolutely will not go anywhere but our yard. I have been walking him first thing in the morning every day for about a week, and he wont' go, he comes in and runs to the back door and as soon as I let him out he pees instantly.

So today I tried not taking him in the yard at all, and I walked him first thing for about 20 minutes. Nothing. Bring him in, put him in his crate (which he hates),waited an hour, repeat. Nothing. Did this 4 times so far this morning. Its been 16 hours since the poor dog has gone to the bathroom and he must be ready to explode. But he WILL NOT GO.

This is a problem because if he doesn't get it by the time we leave, he can't come with us. We will be traveling by car and its a 20 hour drive.

I really need some help! Can anyone guess why he won't go outside the yard? What can I do to teach him its ok?

Comments (15)