SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Brick Floor Grouted and FINISHED! ..and a few other pix

User
10 years ago

The brick floors have been grouted, the grout is dry and is just the oyster gray I hoped it would be. Contractor dropped by here today to take a look and agreed they were lovely but said he would never do another one inside again. (Lucky for him, I don't expect anyone will ever ask him to.)

I am very happy with how they turned out:

ID had another paint suggestion he wanted me to try and, wouldn't you know it--- I loved it.....Benjamin Moore Albescent, it is the second color block in along the bottom in the photo above.

In this photo below, Albescent is also the second block in, a very light, luminescent beige. You can see the color is different in each room, but it like the color it is in each room. So far, SW Ivory Lace is the trim choice.

The new single pane French door went in today, letting in a lot more light, and with a width similar to the window:

And I got out the wall sconces to hold up to the paint color and were again struck by the size of these things.....this is statement lighting, lol, and no mistake.

Those are three 8" bricks to the left, btw, in the above photo.
The round magnifying glass is about 10" in diameter and very heavy. It hangs from a hook that extends out from the iron plate:
We will have two of these over the mantel flanking the T v screen and two above, and slightly away from, a rattan console.

Comments (57)