SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
countrygrl38

Layout update and a few other questions...

countrygrl38
12 years ago

Just wanted to check in and update. The last layout I posted was deemed very lacking from gardenwebbers to say the least. Well it was the boot in the butt that I needed. We have since rearranged things (moved our fridge, reconfigured the island, moved some of the countertops, added a prep sink ect.). If I knew how to post another pic. From my iPad I would. Thanks to everyone who helped, I am very excited about our kitchen now.

Now to the questions. We decided to spend some extra money on cabinets and go with custom cabs in rustic knotty alder with a natural finish. (we live in the woods so wanted a bit of a rustic theme) Since we spent the extra money there we will have to put in laminate countertops. I really wanted soapstone, but perhaps in a few years we can do that. Anyway, we decided on basalt slate for our perimeter countertops. We are also doing a darker red island.

Here are my questions.

First do you think what we have picked out so far will look good together?

What do you suggest for countertops on the red island?

Any suggestions for flooring color? Light or dark?

Finally, paint color. I am stumped. I love buttery yellows, but not sure that will go with the natural colored cabinets.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help.

Comments (8)