SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joellenh_gw

My fall garden update with a few pics

joellenh
13 years ago

So here it is October and my garden is hanging in there. I have 8 tomato plants that are still alive, they are producing more slowly now in the cooler weather, but still pumping out a few tomatoes here and there.

{{gwi:1134957}}

My basil is going nuts and other herbs (oregano, chives, rosemary) are doing fine. I need to grow more dill, cilantro, sage, but I forgot to plant it and now I'm not sure there is time.

{{gwi:1134958}}

We are busy killing grass where the garden will be expanded next year. The back part will be my "orchard", I have 5 apple trees, 3 pears, and a couple other assorted plum/nectarines. You can see here where we killed the grass in preparation for building it bigger. The whole thing will be fenced in, and there will be blackberry and blueberry bushes as well as grape vines running along the fence line. That's the plan anyway. ;)

: I measured it today and the finished size is 60x100'...so yeah 6000 square feet, three times the size of my house.

{{gwi:1077096}}

I have lots of lettuce and spinach going, some green beans, and am looking forward to a yummy harvest of sunchokes soon (those are the huge 8' tall sunflower looking plants you'll see in the following pictures. I am also growing rutabagas because I got the seed somewhere, but have no idea what they are. :lol: Oh, and I have a few acorn squash that are almost ready

{{gwi:1077087}}

{{gwi:1077088}}

Comments (13)