SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

A few pre-layout questions

remodelfla
16 years ago

I'm trying so hard to come up with some plans to post for a complete remodel. Every time I think I have something reasonable enough to post for assistance I realize that something is completely out of line. So ... some basic questions so I can go forward and get to the point that I can post some layouts for serious input. We are goign to DIY over a year or more to make it affordable.

1. Does a dishwasher always have to go on the right side of the sink? (I'm right handed).

2. Trying to figure out where I want my induction cooktop. My dream was always to have it in an island but I'm willing to forgo that. I've scaled back and will get the 30" (wanted the 36" but it's only going to be the 2 of us most of the time). How much space do I need on either side of a 30" induction cooktop?

The work area of the kitchen will be in the middle of the house. The space is roughly 19L x 10W with the long leg running horizontally. The eating area is roughly 16L x 10W also running horizontally. I plan on incorporating a message center/desk and some cabinetry with a small TV there.

I am feverishly working up rough drafts of plan after plan but can't get set.

3. How can a novice like myself draw up plans that will be adequate enough for you guys to help me with? Is hand drawn OK? I've tried google sketch-up but got very frustrated with it. I haven't even come close to giving up on that yet and plan to conquer it before all is said and done.

I hate to sound pathetic.... can you advise me so I can move forward?

Thanks,

Elyse

Comments (12)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional