SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

Never thought I'd be back for paint help. Please? Pic heavy

megpie77
13 years ago

Hello all! I could sure use some help once and for all, for good, for years to come, till the cows come home. I don't want to paint any more! Well, at least when I am done painting...just as soon as I pick a color. I will try to make this quick:

I bought a sectional in khaki. I wanted "natural" (off white) but my mom recomended khaki and since she has such beautiful taste I thought she'd be right.

The paint that seemed to go great with the couch is BM camouflage. I thought it looked so pretty and unexpected. Half way through painting I wasn't loving it. It was too muddy at night. I gave it a chance since I was going from golden/yellow to grayish green. So...

I hired a designer. She encouraged me to keep it, though non of the inspirational pictures I sent her had green walls. No mam, I think they were all some sort of off white, cream, etc. She explained to me that once the room was pulled together (hanging pictures, putting a chair by the fireplace,) it would look great. The bottom line...

It's a pretty color but I would just rather have a pretty off white or cream as my backdrop. But...

It just aint that easy. You see, I love muted colors, not too warm, not peachy, not pastel, but I don't think the gray toned colors are working in my home. I've tried BM manchester tan-too gray and not enough creaminess. BM hush-a big possibility since our downstairs is painted Hush and my inspiration pics below feature this color. I painted a small section in Hush and it's not looking so good upstairs (the main space I'm talking about). It looks gray and fleshy. But can't I jazz it up? How do I find that deeper than cream but not quite a color color? I'm lost!!! Should I go more warm neutral and skip the whole "ever so popular greige"? I live in the Pacific Northwest and am questioning these lovely but difficult-in-my-home greige colors. I know that if I keep the khaki slipcover that is currently on our couch I should definately go warmer. However, I have a sewing machine and am determined to make a slipcover for this ginormous sectional. I can do almost anything, so long as I stay determined and stubborn.

Sorry for the long rant. Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you for your time!

My home

It's actually sunny today and hard to see the green tone in the pic!

Now can you see the green tone?

Hush in our downstairs family room. (excuse the unfinished room...we are not done!)

BM hush inspiration

other color inspiration

Comments (40)