SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Christmas at Elery's

annie1992
14 years ago

We just had the first family Christmas dinner of the year, with Elery's family. We decided to have food that could be eaten "out of hand" instead of a sit down dinner so we made pizza with homemade dough and our own homemade mozzarella. I used a different dough recipe and had some real issues, it was dry and crumbly and needed almost an extra cup of water. I eventually dumped it out of the Zo and kneaded it by hand and eventually saved it, but that's what I get for trying a recipe that's new to me when I'm feeding other people. (sigh) It was made Tuesday night and put into the garage for a slow two day rise. Thursday we made pizza:

Elery put some ribs on the grill, because we all know that I don't care for pizza. The ribs were delicious, although we cooked them a bit too long and they were "fall off the bone" tender. I like them a bit chewier but they were very good:

WE wrapped some water chestnuts in our home smoked bacon:

I mixed up a batch of southwestern salsa from a jar of my homemade salsa, a can of black beans and a jar of the southwestern corn relish with the recipe from Readinglady:

Elery made cannoli from the homemade ricotta we made from the whey after we made the mozzarella:

I made lots of cookies, from left to right, maraschino cherry and white chocolate shortbread, peanut butter cookies, rum balls that Elery made, peanut butter and chocolate fudge, craftyrn's cuccidati (fig filled) cookies and some Venetian almond paste cookies.

Elery's youngest son, Ben, just got engaged and his fiancee brought chocolate covered Oreos:

The grandkids unwrapped gifts, Elery and I got a new set of Lock N Lock containers because we're always lecturing the kids to BRING BACK OUR LOCK N LOCKS. (grin) After the kids left, the guys did their own celebrating with a nap on the couch. That's Pancho, Elery and Cooper, all happily fed and resting. Merry Christmas, one meal down, two to go....

Annie

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES