SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darminammy

Help me decide on colors for my family room- see photos

darminammy
14 years ago

I thought I posted this last night but I guess it didn't go through.

After thinking about my family room for 7 years I am giving myself a one month deadline to just do it! When we moved into our house 10 years ago I was 9 months pregnant on bed rest. So I had EVERY wall in the house painted harvest wheat. I have attached photos of our living room and dining room which we painted a sage green and raspberry color (which ended up being too dark with our later added furniture). I am ready to tackle the family room. The fireplace brick and chair rail have me stuck. A friend of mine suggested painting under the chair rail BM rosemary sprig and above BM pittsfield buff. I debated whether or not to paint the whole thing one color including the chair rail? Perhaps putting paintable beadboard wallpaper on the lower half? Do I continue the paint up the sloped ceilings?? I think I might remove the valence and flank the windows with 2 floor length panels, but then again what color? Looking at my room photo what suggestions would you have? I am thinking of painting the entrance hallway SW restrained gold which is the color of my front door. I am amazed by how much all of you know so I will take your suggestions very seriously and hopefully get this room done and move on. Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: room photos

Comments (2)