SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

I would love your thoughts on my tile plan

enduring
12 years ago

Hello, this is cross posted in the Bath forum:

I have a 9.5x6.5 ft bath that I am going to remodel. What do you think of my tile wainscot plan? The tile will be white shiny 4x4 stacked, above a white tile baseboard. Following the 4x4s, will be a white pencil. Then 3 rows of 2x4 whitish, grayish, lavenderish, blueish marble in a running bond pattern. This all topped with a chair rail in white shiny. Total height of tile will be about 4ft. The height of the ceiling is around 7 or 7.5ft. The tile layout I've drawn up is in scale. Will this simple white color plan - but sort of complex tile plan - overwhelm my small bath? I think it should be ok but would like others thoughts.

{{gwi:1401979}}

Second, I plan to paint a very pale periwinkle gray above the wainscot that blends with the marble tile colors. I don't know if the ceiling should be whitish or the same color as the walls. the ceiling height is low. My DMI thinks that white is the way to go. I think painting the ceiling the same color as the walls might be best. I don't want to have a lot of changes from white to color to white again. My other thought would be to paint the ceiling in the lightest color on the color strip. My planned wall color is the second to the lightest on the strip. I am leaning toward BM Violet Mist, but it is not perfect and I am still looking. But the paint will be similar to Violet Mist.

My floor is a black slate. I will have blackish soapstone counters and sink. Sink Cabinet painted light to blend with the wall color. Another cabinet will be painted, and I am thinking of a very dark color from the same color strip at the wall color.

I would be thankful for your thoughts regarding this plan.

Comments (10)