SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

BIL Looking for Help w/Kitchen Design - Would Love Your Thoughts

amck2
16 years ago

I hope it's okay to pose this question. If you think it's not appropriate for this forum, I will understand. I'm doing this as a favor to my BIL who is just starting out, and there's no compensation to me involved.

My BIL is building a spec house here in New England. He asked if I would help him outfit the kitchen - cabs, knobs, sink, faucet, countertop material, flooring, etc. He realizes I'm no expert, but has seen my two work-friendly kitchens, knows I'm TKO, and thought I might enjoy doing this.

The home will be in a small subdivision, and while not high end, it's not going to be builder-grade, starter-home either. The subdivision will likely appeal to young working couples, empty-nesters looking to downsize, or families with one or two children.

My vision is to keep things neutral enough for a buyer to put his/her own stamp on the place, but to give it a little more character than is usually found in a spec home.

Generally speaking, for a mid-sized kitchen, what would you go with for cabinet and countertop colors? I have an idea in mind, but I would appreciate your input, as I'm hoping to appeal to a broad spectrum of people. Thanks for any thoughts -

Comments (6)