SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suru11

Would love some thoughts/suggestions on plans

Suru
8 years ago

My husband and I (empty nesters) will be retiring and building a home in Utah. Our lot is pie-shaped and slopes up pretty steeply from the street. There is a beautiful view out of the front of the house so we have oriented all major rooms toward that view. Because of the steep lot, we will not have a back yard so the deck will be our only outdoor space. My husband is a car collector and needs a big garage. The plans show an eight foot ceiling in the garage but the garage will be stepped down and it will have a 10' ceiling. The rest of the rooms in the basement will stay 8 foot. We will also have a carport at the level of the house for easy access from the cars to the house.

The lot and area we are building on are beautiful, unfortunately our house will have to face either directly north or a little north west which isn't so great in an area that snows, but it's worth it for the view.

I've been lurking on this site for quite a while and have noticed there are so many creative and smart people willing to share their expertise. I'm looking forward to any and all comments and thoughts about my plans.

Comments (19)