SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren_ploch

Horrible Marvin Ultimate quality

Lauren Ploch
last month
last modified: last month

I ordered custom Marvin Ultimate windows, 7 sets of french doors, 2 single doors, and a multislide door for my new build. The quality is atrocious. The interior paint is incomplete in many areas. In others, there's debris in the dried paint and large dried drip areas. The exterior clad is defective and not powder coated with exterior color, so it looks silver. I will post more photos of that when I’m at the site this week. The french door panels are all wonky so it looks like each door is wavy. After spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on Marvin, I have to wait for a "rep" to come out to see the defects. I need to place an order with another company asap. Does anyone have advice on how to get Marvin to respond sooner? It's holding up our build.

edit to add: we ordered a custom exterior color (Shoji White) and custom interior color (Greek Villa) and we paid a premium for this. These were NOT painted by the builder. You are able to order Marvin Ultimate in custom colors and custom sizes. This is their full custom line so we paid for factory interior paint so that our builder didn't have to do it. A few of our windows were not custom interior painted because those are stain grade Douglas fir. The clad on those is really messed up. The muntins aren't meeting the frames of the doors or windows. It's all a huge mess.

Comments (15)