SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friedajune

My Cat Has a Collapsed Lung

friedajune
16 years ago

I was just told that my 16-year-old cat has a collapsed lung. I had taken her in to the vet because she became suddenly lethargic. They did blood tests and x-rays. All the blood work came out fine, and all organs tested normal. But her xrays showed lungs with some bronchial inflammation and one lung lobe is collapsed. The vet said her collapsed lung looked chronic, i.e. an ongoing, not sudden condition, and was not the cause of her sudden lethagry. Her heart is fine. She was also just a little constipated according to the xray. My cat has never had an asthma attack in her 16 years. Nor has she coughed. Nevertheless, evidently she has been suffering from bronchial disease. The vet gave her fluids, extracted the fecal material that was constipating her, and sent her home with me. The vet said her lethargy would go away. I am not sure, cause it didn't seem anything was done to change her lethargy except give her fluids. And I don't understand what effect the collapsed lung is having on her. Has anyone heard of a cat with a collapsed lung?

Comments (11)