SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitdobe

Blonde, Restrained Gold or Builtmore Buff?

whitdobe
14 years ago

Since I started adding color to the walls in some of my rooms I've become very dissatisfied with the very pale (almost off white) that I painted my living room and dining room a couple of years ago. I've thought it over and I think I'd like a "goldish" color in there. I looked at SW fan decks and I think I've narrowed it down to three colors but I'm not sure of any of them. There are *issues*.

Our living room and dining room are about 12 feet wide and together a bit over 30 feet long. There's a big bay in the living room that faces south and does get sun BUT that's about the only place sun can come in. No windows on the sides and the window in the dining room not only faces north, it's overhung by the upper two stories by about 3 feet. You can see sun there but it doesn't come in.

These are the two rooms that I want to paint:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This is Blonde:

{{!gwi}}

This is Restrained Gold:

{{!gwi}}

This is Builtmore Buff:

{{!gwi}}

This is all 3 colors (RS, Blonde, BB):

{{!gwi}}

I have some other photos with the paint chips in a photobucket.

I'm looking for some opinions. Too tell the truth, I really like the Restrained Gold but I'm terrified that I'll find it too dark in there if I paint that. The Biltmore Buff is OK but it seems to blend into the two lamp shades (very pricey shades to replace) plus, when the lights are on as they would be in the evening, the Builtmore Buff does go more *yellow* than I'd prefer. Blonde almost seems like a compromise between the other two colors. I'm really not sure what to do and I'd like to settle on a color sometime this week.

Anyone?

OH...and the foyer isn't that color anymore. It's SW Buff.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Photos of Paint Chips

Comments (22)