SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Surcie from Annie!!!

Lars
14 years ago

Yesterday I received a package from Annie right out of the blue, and it made me extremely happy!! I always have some mixed emotions at this time of year, and this year especially, due to situations in Texas that I will have to confront in a few days, and so this package did much to put me on a positive track and in a much better state of mind!

I hope I can get the pictures linked here - I'm still fairly new to Photobucket and don't feel that I have the full hang of it yet. Here's what she sent!

This shows her gifts in our Kwanzaa setting.

Here are the home made items she sent, including her organic mild salsa, Southwestern corn relish, and pineapple apricot preserves!

Here are two Paula Deen spoons that she sent, shown hanging up in a prominent position on my kitchen rack.

I was so surprised and thrilled to receive this package!! I'm a bit frantic now trying to get everything ready for my trip, but I think I have everything under control by now, but this is why I had to wait until now to be able to post the photos. I wanted to post them immediately, but the battery in my camera had to be recharged, etc. Anyway, I love everything that she sent, and I do love the spoons. They are something that I always want when I see them but never buy, for some reason. I also especially like the brass hangers that are just perfect for my rack. I love to hang up as much as possible to make items more accessible and easier to find, and none of the wooden spoons I had fulfilled this capability. I will truly enjoy using them and seeing them displayed.

I've had Annie's salsa before, and so I know that it is also a treat. I'm not going to open any of the jars until I get back from Texas because I want them to be part of our Kwanzaa celebration, which doesn't start until December 26. We've never done this before, but it seemed like a good thing to explore. I like the traditions.

I'm anxious to try the corn relish because I truly love corn and expect that this is from corn that she grew herself. The preserves will be appreciated as well, as I love pineapple. I like apricot, but I love pineapple!

So, many thanks to Annie for being such a wonderful and generous friend! I hope we get to see each other again in the near future. Sorry for the delay in posting this message.

Lars

Comments (9)