SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Guess What I Did Today :)

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Well, today I accomplished something I thought I never could do: cook a big meal! My gram (who's 80) wanted me to try oyster stuffing and she bought a small turkey to roast it in! So, after staying the night and waking up early, we both (more of me since she can't get around too good) stuffed the turkey, made regular mashed and fried sweet potatoes, corn (from a can, actually Mexicorn), noodles, gravy and a salad (I'll get to that in a moment). We did it throughout the morning and early afternoon (taking breaks while doing so). We made most of the things towards time to eat but the turkey, stuffing and salad we all did in the morning. The leftover oysters we made into oyster stew for lunch.

The salad we made (I brought some of it and the other foods home with me) is delicious. I wanted to know if there was a name for this salad? Here are the ingredients and how much we used.

Lettuce (a whole head of Iceberg)

Tomatoes (I think three)

Onion (half of a white one, diced)

Hard boiled eggs (seven of them)

Green olives (diced up and from a jar)

Miracle Whip (not a big fan but it wasn't sour when I ate it just now!)

I just had some and boy it was good! My gram said she had it in a restaurant one time and she loved it! I view this day as an experience I'll never forget and a total self-esteem booster! The meal only consisted of my uncle, my gram, my dad and myself (Mom didn't want to come). We didn't eat much but it was good! The stuffing was the best I ever ate!

Looking forward to your responses :)

Brad AKA Moonwolf (who's happily howling)

Comments (19)