SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katenewbiedecorator

Newbie lost on how to improve bathroom

I wondered if I could get some ideas of how to fix my bathroom!

We are low on cash at the moment but I want to improve our truly dated bathroom. I have started to rip up our only bathroom( I know, bad idea) but am lost on what colours to paint.

Currently there is an almond tub surround(all one piece tub and walls no room for a curtain outside the tub) and an almond toilet with a damaged faux marble countertop in almond/white swirl with a molded sink.

There is a vinyl white replacement window that faces east in the bathroom. The floor is pale beige vinyl sheet flooring with a 10" X 10" tile pattern.

The vanity is a honey coloured wood cabinet with doors that have that octagonal shape fake wicker pattern on the front. I have painted two coats of primer on the cabinets, the trim and the cabinet doors so far.

Above the vanity is a large old medicine cabinet with three mirrors that open to the inside and have 3 round lightbulbs above which give the room its only light. The edges of the medicine cabinet are paintable.

I have ideas to do white beadboard(the panels) 48" high around the small bathroom because I would only need 2 sheets with lots left over.

Not including the tub(which is here to stay being all one piece) the floor area is exactly 5' X 5'.

I am wondering if it will look bad to paint the beadboard white(not stark white) and the top of the walls in a warm toned green.

We are replacing the counter and sink because of the damage and I am unsure of the colour/type of counter & sink to purchase.

What colour should the vanity and beadboard be? Or should I just paint the entire wall and forget about beadboard? What is a good white that I can use here for the trim that will carry throughout the house when we get to the rest of it?

What are some nice colours? I tend to gravitate towards greens, taupes, white, grey, yellow.

Any ideas(or pics) would be lovely.

Comment (1)