SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

Vote on Toile Bedding for master bedroom

nutmegxo
12 years ago

Hello all...I have decided to move my current master bedroom bedding into the guest bedroom because I came to the conclusion that the colors are just not right for the way I want the room to be (I had posted about this last week after painting a green shade that is just not working) :)

So here I am wanting to make a fresh start. I want a master bedroom that is calming and serene.. I am thinking that I want to use a toile pattern for the bedding. After TONS of online searching, I think I have it narrowed down. The black/brown patterns on cream backgrounds seem to be the most appealing. (Hubby not liking anything with green pattern on white).

I welcome and value your opinions... below are the two that I think I have it narrowed down to. If we go with the black and white pattern, I do not think I would get the bedskirt...I would probably just use a solid cream/white bedskirt. I also am unsure about getting the matching curtains. After my experience with my previous bedding, I am afraid to make things look too matchy matchy. If anything, I might just get valances for the windows and then use plain white curtain panels underneath. As for the walls, I was thinking maybe a soft green (nothing dark, something light). Or I could go with neutral color on walls. Thoughts?

The second choice is this brown pattern on cream background. This was advertised on some children bedding sites but from the looks of it I think it would work for a master bedroom (it does not look childish to me). From what I have seen, this set does not even have matching curtains or valances (unless I missed it). I would probably have to get plain cream curtain panels for the windows. As for wall color, neutrals maybe. Not sure if soft green would work or not.

BLACK & CREAM

{{!gwi}}

BROWN & CREAM

{{!gwi}}

In general I prefer toile patterns that are floral and viney like the one in the black pattern. The brown pattern has the pastoral scenes, which are very nice, but for some reason I prefer the simpler floral designs.

Any thoughts are opinions?

Comments (48)