SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Spare Bedroom: Need Bedding Ideas

User
15 years ago

We have a small bedroom that is "officially" our eldest son's, but since he lives in another state and rarely uses it it has become an extra guest room.

Walls: med. to dark gold

Ceiling: lighter gold

Heavy molding: creamy white

Carpet: neutral dark beige "sisal" looking carpet

One window with 2" plantation shutters

Architectural interest: a high shelf about three feet below the ceiling (10 ft).

The room is furnished with a single sleigh bed of medium natural cherry (colour, that is, I think the bed is actually pine), and an armoire whose finish is similar to the bed's although they are not a "set." There is a French country rush-seat chair with arms that belongs with our kitchen chairs but is in the bedroom because there's no room for it unless we use the leaves in the table. The chair has a custom red/white toile cushion piped in red check with red check sashes for tying it to the back. A rattan table is the bedside table. On the high shelf I have most of the blue and white porcelain that I own, and that is the one aspect of the room I am completely happy with.

Question: I need new bedding for this room. Should I get something that will coordinate with the red/white toile cushion so I don't have to find the cushion and tie it on every time we use the chair? Or should I forget the red/white and go with a blue and gold scheme? If I did that there is a nice painting in golds and blues I've had my eye on at a local gallery, and this would also mean that I wouldn't have to repaint the room. I realize this is the lazy way out.

Any ideas for bedding that would tie in the gold, blue AND red? I am strongly drawn to toile but already have a little bit of it in two other bedrooms and the LR. and kitchen... trying to branch out :) I don't want to spend more than $400 on the bedding (sheets, coverlet, quilt, etc.,all twin size) and I will repaint the room if necessary.

Our designer, who used to work between Atlanta and NYC, has abandoned us for the big city. I haven't seen anyone local whose work I really like, and I keep thinking I should be able to pull this together myself.

Comments (54)