SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hurryupandwait

argh...I need help with my master bedroom

hurryupandwait
15 years ago

I started lurking on this site a few weeks ago while I was choosing furniture and fabrics for my living room. So many of you were GREAT help with that and you didn't even know!!! That process seems so much easier than what I am dealing with in my master bedroom. Here is the issue...My entire house has variations on the theme of RED and GOLD. There are a few browns and greens thrown in for some pizzazz, but basically, I like warm colors. After living in this house for almost three years, I am finally getting to the master bedroom and I want to BREAK FREE from red and gold. So...the other day I was in Pottery Barn and saw a bed made up with white bedding (lots of layers) and a bit of linen/taupe thrown in as accent. I immediately felt a connection to that look. I have a large bedroom set (Kingstreet Thomasville-king size sleigh bed in dark cherry or mohagany)and I think the white will be gorgeous in contrast. Now I am trying to pick a paint color and window treatments. I am leaning toward a dark beige...SW latte or meadowlarke. I want to keep it neutral so that I can change accents (maybe a leaf green...or RED if I get a hankering). My REAL dilemma is:

Do I do a solid chocolate brown drape to pick up on the choc. in my furniture with white sheers?

Do I do a monochromatic look and go with a linen type drape to match the walls...again with white sheers?

Do I scour for a print that has brown, beige, white patterns and put that with white sheers?

Or...do I just go with white? (I am not leaning toward that!)

My windows are on the far side of the room and take up a whole wall and a half. Eventually, I will have a seating area there, but for now it will just be the window treatments.

I am sure you have fallen asleep by now. Sorry for the length of the post!! Any help will be welcomed...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH