SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cvazqu

Master Bedroom Help

10 years ago

Good morning! We have recently moved into our new house and, while I like to take my time making decorating decisions, our master bedroom needs attention pretty quickly. As you will see in the photos below, we have no window treatments yet- which may not be a huge issue for some given that we are on six and a half acres, but I get a little weirded out when I wake up in the middle of the night and start imagining weirdos looking in on us while we sleep. Ha. Just creeps me out... On the other hand, I like the view over the pool and, because we are in a rural area, we have a great dark sky view of the stars at night through the windows in the bump out.
Anyway. Our last house had windows that went almost to the floor and using panels on the windows was an easy decision (and I like simple, rather plain panels in general). But for this room, I don't know what to do for the windows. I have seen lots of great ideas in the awesome window treatment thread, but I really need some new eyes to tell me which kind of window treatments I should use in this room. Also, note that in the bump out area there is not a lot of room beyond the window trim. Any suggestions for window treatments?
I'm also open to any and all suggestions for the room in general. Everything can be changed; this is just what we brought from the last house and I'm not really attached to any of it. The chest in the bump out is a family thing and I had the movers put it there because I didn't really know where else to put it. It can be moved out of the room. I hate the side tables; they will be replaced whenever it can find something I like. The same with the lamps... The bedding can go, too. Pretty much nothing HAS to stay, other than the ceiling fan (we are in south Louisiana and I have to have lots of air circulating- hence my additional table fan).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
(Phone pictures- to me they are right side up, but if they are upside down to you, let me know!)

The framed picture of my kids (below) is sitting in front of a door to the back porch (brick visible through the door window is the porch fireplace). It doesn't belong in this room. I just haven't decided where to hang it in the house yet. I have other artwork and photography I can use in this room. I was waiting to figure out the windows and bedding (if it changes) before "going shopping" among my 'collection'.

Oh, one more thing- we quite like white walls and would rather make our decor work with white than add color to the walls. We find it peaceful with the white. (Walls are BM Linen White)
Thanks again!

This post was edited by chilibeans on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 11:16

Comments (14)