SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanny2a

Remember that yellow walled toile bedroom?

nanny2a
14 years ago

For those who may not have seen my yellow toile bedroom, I'm posting a picture of it after revisions were made last year. Although it was a happy room, I was never thrilled with having so much yellow in the room. I made the duvet, pillows, dustruffle and curtains, and plan to keep them in place for at least another year or two. The only alternative left was to paint the walls a different color, and I've been searching for months for something I liked. This new color is actually grey, a SW color called Rain, but in this room with it's northwestern orientation, the color comes off having almost an aqua blue tint, which I'm delighted with. In all fairness, I should have waited for a sunny day to take my photos, because the room looks much better in the bright sunlight that we usually have - these photos were taken on a dark, rainy day....:-(

Now that I've made this change, I need to change my shams and summer quilt that is at the foot of the bed, since the blue's are not compatible. During the summer we use a lighter spread, and fold the yellow duvet at the foot of the bed for those nights that the A/C is on full throttle.

I'm thinking of getting a light weight white matelasse spread for summer use, instead of trying to match the unusual wall color. I'm also excited because I've found a larger, wider side table to use beside the bed, but I haven't picked it up yet. Do you think white matelasse would work, or have any other suggestions?

The old yellow bedroom

Sherwin Williams Rain on the walls.

The duvet with the summer quilt that doesn't match anymore.

Comments (19)