SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeet_gw

SW Restrained Gold has Green Undertone, Anything Else?

skeet
15 years ago

I've posted on the HD forum and most of the wonderful people over there all love SW Restrained Gold. In almost all of the photos, this paint does not have the green undertone. But in my north facing kitchen/dr combo with med golden/orange oak cabinets and floor the paintlooks goldey/green. I'm a Porter Paint girl and have a great bunch of guys at that store who will match anything for me. I feel that they did a great job of matching to the SW. Does SW RG have a green undertone? Can anyone recommend another color on that line of gold that doesn't have the green undertone?

Maybe its just me. I have only one coat of paint on right now over BM Olive Branch. Is that my problem, the OB is showing thru. Maybe the second coat will take away the green undertone.

Oh, I'm doing a low budget remodel with Labrador Granite Laminate counters with the orangey oak cabinets and floor. The RG seemed to bring out the rusty/gold in the laminate. The appliances are all white with a white sink/faucet. I'm selling next year due to retirement and the house needs to go. I have too much money for the area in the house so the kitchen upgrade had to be done under a fine budget. I don't want to paint the cabinets white, which I would love to do, cause most people will question why did you paint the cabinets! I have looked at "Brushworks" finished kitchen with the Labrador Granite Laminate and its beautiful.

Any other ideas on the color?

Thanks for any help

Karen

Comments (2)