SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Did It ! Got the Mini Zo-Would love any tips & recipes

amck2
14 years ago

When I realized that I was having overnight guests for at least 10 days over the holidays I decided to finally invest in the Mini Zojirushi breadmaker to help me out.

It arrived yesterday & I baked a cheese/onion bread in it using one of the "regular" bread recipes in the manual to try it out. It was....just okay...

The aroma wafting through the house was wonderful, but the crumb was dense with a very even texture and the crust was nothing special. I've become accustomed to the No-Knead Bittman bread (not the 5-min. Artisan)that gives me a chewy bread full of holes & texture and a crackly, nutty flavored crust. While it wasn't as bland as Wonder Bread, my Zo bread looked and tasted like the generic bread from a supermarket bakery.

I know that many of you who have the Zo machines use them to knead & rise only and bake off your bread in your ovens.

I saved a long time for this machine and I want to learn to use it well. I welcome any recipes you have that I could use in the Mini version. All tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (6)