SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackcats13

oh, I messed up

blackcats13
14 years ago

Our tiny foyer (like the rest of our house) is covered with medium shade of wood colored paneling. (Old house, don't know the shape of the walls underneath, so it stays for now.) Last night I washed and put down the first coat of primer. This morning I can see all the spots that need a 2nd coat of primer (the new color is a pale mint green). The first wall I did a horrible job on - way too much paint on the roller. I kinda forgot how to paint, I guess. There's no way around sanding and starting over. But now, looking at all walls I rolled, I realized I didn't sand any of the walls first!

Last fall I painted 2 of the paneled bedrooms (they were already white though) and I washed, sanded, and vacuumed the walls before I primed. I'm using Zinser 123. I know I should have scuff sanded the walls first. Question is, if I don't sand the other 3 walls am I going to end up with peeling paint or something else horrible looking? Either way it won't get done this weekend now, but I hate to throw all the hours of work and bucket of primer down the drain if I don't have to.

So glad I didn't even start the stairs! Maybe I WILL take the paneling off ... and deal with 4 layers of wallpaper??

Here is a link that might be useful: The only pic of the foyer-shows paneling color

Comments (6)