SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lau123rie456wise

Oh Boy, I think I Messed Up

lau123rie456wise
13 years ago

We have ordered our windows for our new construction ranch, and we wanted more light in the kitchen on the west side. We special ordered a 89" x 48" window last week from HD. We eliminated some cabinets in the original layout. When I went to my KD today and told her, she thought that it was going to look unbalanced and that we should maybe try and have something on the left of the window to balance it. I thought it looked alright because I had seen it done on th FKB and thought it was a great way of adding more light. Do you think I am really going to need more upper cabinets and that it looks too awkward? The cabinets are going to be either an Ebony stained or Espresso stained Cherry. In the upper cabinets I plan to put drinking & coffee cups, plates and bowl. Mixing bowls. I will have a pantry and I have not decided on a trash pullout in the island. Also, I know that drawers in the bottom are very popular on this site. Do you think I would like them on both sides of the oven? Do you loose space for pots and pans or gain some? Thanks for any thoughts and ideas about my layout. Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (10)