SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txgal06

I messed up and think I'm too tired to fix it

txgal06
16 years ago

I had switched the location of the dishwasher from right of the sink to left of the sink to allow for easier unloading as there is an upper cabinet to the left and none to the right (breakfast bar). I found the deal on the built in refrigerator and didn't take into account that it is huge-48". Now with cabinets going in, I can see that the dishwasher and refrigerator cannot be open at the same time. I am so tired that I don't think I have the energy to discuss this with the cabinet guy in the morning. I know I have to though. It has to be put back like it was in the original plan but I know the cabinet guy is gonna love me. He already does since the house has so much trim work. :)

Another thing I found that bugs me...the plumber either placed a drain pipe a bit off or on the wrong side of a 2x4 interior wall which meant we had to furr out the wall prior to drywall. Not a problem except there is a niche at the end of the hallway (on the wall perpendicular to the furred out wall) and now the niche is not centered. I'm not sure whether to fix it or let it go. So many little things...

Comments (10)